One of the simplest yet most delicious ‘meze’ (appetiser) of the cuisine and it is filling, nutritious and refreshing in summer.
- 1 cup creamy yogurt (I use my homemade yogurt)
- 1 medium cucumber
- 3/4 branches of dill
- 1 clove garlic
- Extra virgin olive oil & sumac to garnish if you prefer
- Dice the cucumber into tiny cubes. I prefer this to grate it as it will release a lot of its water which is not ideal.
- Crash the garlic and chop the dill and add them to the cucumber.
- Add the yogurt and salt.
- Mix it gently. Avoid stirring too much as this will again make your cacik too liquid.
- You may sprinkle a little olive oil and sumac if you wish.