Some thinks it is a paste and some says it is a salad. Whatever that is, it is hot stuff! I love it for its vibrant colour and that tingly sensation it leaves on your tongue. This is a highly addictive typical Turkish meze and its best friends on your table would be homemade hummus and pita bread.
- 3 ripe tomatoes
- 1 medium onion
- 1 clove garlic
- Half bunch of parsley
- 2 green peppers
- 2 tbs of red pepper paste (you may use tomato paste and lots of red crushed peppers as a substitute)
- 1 tbs of sumac
- 1 tbs of lemon
- 2 tbs of pomegranate sauce
- 1 tsp of dried mint
- 1 tbs of extra virgin olive oil
- Peel and chop your tomatoes finely (as finely as you can manage) Squeeze out its juice and place them in a bowl
- Chop your onion, parsley and peppers again as finely as possible. Add them to the bowl.
- Add red pepper paste, salt, sumac, lemon juice, pomegranate sauce, dried mint, olive oil and crashed garlic to your mixture.
- Crash all your ingredients with a help of a fork simply pressing them aganist the bottom and walls of the bowl until the mix become a paste-like texture.
- Have a taste and add more spices or other ingredients according to your taste.
- Transfer your mashed chilli salad to (call it paste if you like) to a serving dish and leave it in the fridge at least 1 hour before serving.