Who could say that this alien-like looking little fellow would join forces with few simple ingredients and make such tasty ‘meze’.
I like it extra creamy with mayo but it is perfectly ok to skip the mayo for the extra healthy option.
- Half a celery root (celeriac)
- 1.5 green apple
- 3 tbs of walnuts
- 500 gr strained yogurt
- 2 tbs of mayonnaise
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tbs of choppes fresh dill
- Peel the celeriac and make sure any brown parts of the skin are removed.
- Grate the peeled root and place it in a large bowl where you will mix it with other ingredients.
- Peel your apple, remove the stalk and seeds, grate it and transfer it to the bowl.
- Crush the garlic and your walnuts and add them to the bowl with salt, chopped dill, mayonnaise and strained yoghurt. Mix all your ingredients.
- Garnish it with dill or walnuts in your serving dish.